Support group meetings are currently held virtually via Zoom on the last Monday of every other month starting January from 7pm to 9pm. Typically, meeting formats alternate between group discussions and educational sessions with guest speakers. Registered members will receive an email invite one week before the meeting, along with the agenda and a link to join the meeting via Zoom.
2023 Vancouver Myeloma Support meetings – 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Monday, January 30th – Inspire Health, Tess Raithby Clinical Team Lead
- Monday, March 27th – West Vancouver Wellness Centre, Dr. Justin Lafreniere – naturopath
- Monday, June 5th – Medical Director of BC Cancer’s Pain and Symptom Management/Palliative Care Program – Dr. Pippa Hawley will speak on the use of cannabis in pain & sleep management
- Monday, September 25 – Open group discussion
- Monday, November 27 – Local CAR-T and BITES clinical trials discussion with Dr Chris Venner from BC Cancer Vancouver Centre
2024 Vancouver Myeloma Support meetings – 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Monday, January 29th – Open group discussion – members share their ups, down & tricks living with myeloma
- Monday March 25th – Dr. Florian Kuchenbauer shares his exciting research done at the BC Cancer Terry Fox Lab
- Monday June 24h – TBD
- Monday September 30th – TBD
- Monday November 25th – TBD
Take a look at previous educational sessions
The Vancouver Myeloma Support Group is dedicated to helping myeloma patients, family and caregivers navigate their myeloma journey from diagnosis through treatment and beyond. Although a myeloma diagnosis can be a stressful experience, connecting with others who know what you’re going through can help guide you on your journey and help you to feel less alone and more at ease.
The Vancouver Myeloma Support Group offers group meetings for all those who are affected by myeloma and myeloma pre-cursor diseases, including MGUS, smouldering myeloma, and solitary plasmacytoma.
Discussion topics vary according to participants needs, such as living with myeloma, wellness tips, treatments, side effects, resources, Covid-19, and educational presentations with guest speakers.
Our support group meetings are friendly, informative, patient-led gatherings, where you can meet, listen, laugh and share with others who are also living with myeloma or pre-cursor conditions.